Job Title: Account Manager
Reports to: Director, Operations
Art Peritus is a full-service boutique art advisory and appraisal firm that is an exciting & enriching place to start or continue your career. Whether you work as an appraiser, account manager, or in business development we are a fun and dynamic team that works together with a common goal of providing honest and unbiased professional opinions to our clients. We are committed to bringing the highest level of service with the utmost integrity to every client with sound judgement, expertise, and a true passion for what we do and who we serve across all segments of the art industry and around the globe.
Based in New York City, this position is fully remote in the day-to-day with required work onsite for project inspections and in person meetings with our NYC based team. The function of the Account Manager is to serve as an active professional liaison between Art Peritus clients, appraisers, insurance adjustors and vendors for multi-category appraisal valuations and insurance claims. Ready to roll up your sleeves and dive in? You will oversee daily management of both internal and client-facing projects. You are a polished highly motivated problem solver, and a magician at multi-tasking who provides mature, discreet, and professional service to our clients and your team.
This role reports to our Director of Operations and works in partnership with our in-house and global network of appraisers. You are accountable and directly responsible for overseeing all moving parts of appraisal projects from start to finish. You facilitate onsite inspections, provide project quotes and proposals from single to complex multi-category projects, anticipating client needs and ensuring all deadlines are met.
Integral to our team and our process you ensure all relevant information is communicated, cross-referenced, and accurately accounted for anytime you are charged with the care and oversight of a collection, claim or conservation project. As someone with a natural ability to prioritize numerous concurrent projects, you are a thought-leader who takes ownership of your work, doesn’t shy away from a challenge, excels in an exciting fast-paced environment, and knows how to GSD!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages complex logistics of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Performs and coordinates onsite inspections.
- Serves as the keystone of communication between management, clients, insurance adjustors, specialists, conservators, and art handlers.
- Collects and uploads all project data via project management software for all appraisal needs.
- Liaise with external specialists on all project and account related responsibilities, materials, and deliverables.
- Proofs appraisal reports prior to sign-off and issuance to client.
- Tracks hours, costs, and expenses for projects and claims.
- Manages client expectations and monitors the progress of appraisals, conservation, installation, or shipping efforts – troubleshooting and problem solving in a timely manner.
- Collaborates on and executes additional projects as allocated.
- Develop strong in-depth knowledge of Art Peritus services, processes, and procedures.
- Familiar with the basic relevant USPAP and IRS legalities to address issues and field client enquiries.
- Collaborates with outside experts and clients to initiate, cultivate, and maintain business relationships.
- Coordinates timely RFP requests with all key stakeholders, confidently recommending the most suitable options for project demands – proactively flagging potential challenges in advance of commitment.
- Onboards and trains new specialists, vendors, or clients on our proprietary project management software and all applicable project standard operating procedures.
- Actively participates in sourcing and selling of Art Peritus services within the art community to raise business profile, build alliances and our network with key industry influencers.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS (required and preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree required, PMP certification a bonus!
- Current USPAP certification
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (*candidates with auction house, art collection management, fine art shipping or family office experience will be given preference)
- Comfortably navigates discussions and the nuances of working within a luxury brand space that services HNW and UHNW clients, with a natural ability to demonstrate a strong command of our brand.
- Your knowledge, and personal presentation clearly exhibit your expertise, and you know how to ‘read the room’ seamlessly adapting to your client audience.
- Knowledge and exposure to art conservation, restoration, registration, and art handling
- Ability and willingness to learn Art Peritus software systems including Filmmaker and Trello
- Adept at Adobe Acrobat Pro and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to work onsite, handle, inspect and/or take photographs of works of art in a variety of conditions, spaces, and environments; as well as create written or recorded descriptions
- Talent to effectively communicate and respond with superior written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, sensitive to client confidentiality
- Expertise in representing the organization and brand with client and key project partners
- Ability to listen, anticipate, work collaboratively, independently, and creatively problem solve
- Strong project management skills including knack to multi-task, prioritize workload, manage multiple processes, and follow-up with acute attention to detail
- Action oriented with talent to excel in a high volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback and keep your cool in challenging situations.
- Possess a strong business acumen with ability to compile and analyze data
- Hold a valid driver’s license, with willingness to travel within the region and domestically
- Secondary language a +
- Flexibility to work outside traditional business hours when necessary.
Terms of Employment & Benefits:
Full-Time, Permanent, Full Medical, PTO, Life & Disability, FSA, EAP, 401k match, CSR Day, LifeMart Perks & Discounts
Compensation Range: annual salary $64,000 – 70,000
*Posted salary range does not include any discretionary bonus compensation
Think you are the right one for this seat?
Submit the following:
- Your resume
- Three professional references that include: Name, Company, Title, Email, Telephone and your relationship
- A cover note that WOW’s us on why you think you are the best choice and when you can start!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.