The Art Peritus team, alongside you, continues to proceed with cautious optimism as each phase of reopening evolves. While we monitor the progress, we remain well poised to serve our clients remotely. In the past few months we have conducted business 100% virtually—from walk-thrus, team meetings, insurance appraisals, damage and loss appraisals and even project management – without missing a beat. We thank our clients who have trusted us to continue working on their behalf in what has been exceptional circumstances. We also wanted to take this opportunity to communicate our company’s current and ever-evolving policies prioritizing health and safety.
From time to time, Art Peritus must conduct in person inspections in order to remain USPAP and IRS compliant. As such, we aim to work with our clients in the safest manner possible and ask for transparency on the following:
- Did the individual pass due to the COVID virus?
- Has the home been professionally cleaned since the individual’s passing?
- Has anyone who will be on site been tested for the virus, have the virus, have a fever at the time of inspection?
DAMAGE & LOSS APPRAISALS
While we prefer to examine all works in person, in some cases we are able to conduct appraisals via photographs or video walk-thrus. In cases where an in-person inspection is required.
Has anyone who will be on site been tested for the virus, have the virus, have a fever at the time of inspection?
Art Handling and conservators are actively working, and we can coordinate any pick-ups, and deliveries on our client’s behalf. In normal circumstances Art Peritus always strives to be present for these pack ups and reinstallations and we would take our lead from the client.
We want to stress that we do not have to be on-site. Based on our close and long-standing relationships with art handlers and conservators we can successfully communicate clear instructions virtually. In cases where inventories need to be created, we would encourage a preliminary video walk-thru to determine what could be done virtually and what may need to be inspected in person.
In most cases we are able to conduct appraisals via photographs or video walk thrus. We encourage this option until we are through all phases of reopening but can discuss on a case by case basis.
ART PERITUS COMMITMENT
If and as Art Peritus must conduct an on-site appraisal, we commit the following:
- The Art Peritus representative will social distance from any other parties on site and wear appropriate PPE (minimum face mask, gloves and booties) and will check his or her temperature prior to arrival.
- The Art Peritus representative will take photos and dimensions of any and all objects in question but may not be the specialist working on the appraisal. As such, any questions as to value or subject may not be able to be answered on site.